Sunday, June 19, 2011

don't dress me dolly .

I don't understand the damn reason of dolling up. In my life, that is. To the kids who love style and trends and everything that has to go with it, I'm sorry if this offends you. I'm just telling my opinion.

 
 What's the whole point? I'm tired of my mom, my dad, my sister, my friends all telling me to be more stylish and whatever. I don't mind others being stylish, I like looking at stylish people. But when it comes to me? Uurghhh. As if I care. Nowadays, it seems that everyone thinks that over-fancy, skintight, body-skimming, bright-coloured garments are the way to go for female clothing. And then when I wear what I feel comfortable and happy in, they say I dress like an old lady. And persuade me to wear those fancy feathers. Plus a shawl, oh no! I don't like shawls. I just like looking at people who look good in them. I don't, I've tried it once in front of the mirror in my room and I've come to the fact that I look like an weirdo in a headdress in it. And tell me, does a grey cardigan, a pale-coloured tshirt and a long black skirt look like old-lady wear?

Well, judging from the abundant amount of glitzy glamorous mak datins nowadays...heh.
Okay, so I'm not stylish and cute like the rest of teenagers who strive to be nowadays. So what? I wear what I feel comfortable with.

To be entirely honest,
I love wearing Pagoda t-shirts. I love wearing my awesome grey cardigan--my mom doesn't like the fact that I have absolutely true chemistry with it and that I take it everywhere I go and wear it with every single t-shirt I own. I love wearing my baju kurung, even though some people think it makes you feel hot and uncomfortable. I love wearing my jubah, in my eyes.. it's the most beautiful clothing item I have in my closet. I like white, grey, black, dark and washed-out colours, even though my mom says those colours suit my grandma better. I like oversized clothing.

So there. Judge me. Tell me I'm defiant, cause I am. I don't care, I'm just being my damn self.

No comments:

Post a Comment