Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm not sure if you have noticed my absence.

Today I was just going to have my evening bath, and I was turning to the sink to empty my nose...which then I realized....
"There's no mucus overload in my nose anymore!"
Alhamdulillah, for a moment I felt so grateful to be granted health. Felt like dancing a jig, singing soprano. Health is a wonderful blessing by God, masha-Allah. You cannot believe how happy I felt.
But then...
I thought again. Obviously I had carried on with ease since morning, why didn't I....well, notice it earlier? The hypothetical question. And then I felt this momentary pang in my head. When I was finally got ridden of the flu, gratefulness wasn't the first thing that entered my mind. It came a little later. I didn't even notice that I was actually healthy, in fact.

We notice our sicknesses. Our flaws. Our discomfort. Our difficulties. And when we do, then we will actually start to remember Allah. We keep muttering under our breath, "Ya Allah, the pain!" or make dua every day, "Oh Allah, aid me in overcoming this difficulty..." when we are under these kinds of consequences. The bad ones.


"And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient," Quran, 2:155

But what about when we are blessed with the good stuff? Health. Richness. Happiness. Love. Do we think for a second, who actually granted them? Or if we did, would that be the first thing that entered our minds? We often remember Him in our difficulty, but do we remember Him during our bouts of happiness?

"Do ye not see that Allah has subjected to your (use) all things in the heavens and on earth, and has made his bounties flow to you in exceeding measure, (both) seen and unseen? Yet there are among men those who dispute about Allah, without knowledge and without guidance, and without a Book to enlighten them!" (Quran, 31:20)

Sadly, we never take notice of our blessings, even if all we have to do is open our eyes. Perceive the great life that Allah has granted upon us with the heart and soul. And if we keep counting our blessings, we will see that they certainly outnumber our trivialities.

To be honest, I am as flawed as you are, and just because I'm writing this doesn't mean that I am perfectly devoted. No, this is merely to remind myself.
The good and bad are all trivialities, even if you couldn't notice them. They certainly are.

Be grateful for what you have, for there are people out there who have it worse than you do.
Be patient in overcoming the obstacles in your lives, because Allah will always be there for the as-Sobirin, the patient ones.

And most of all, remember Allah in everything you do, and He will guide you. :")

PS. School's arriving in less than a week, and I'm not fully prepared yet. Aiyaa :O

No comments:

Post a Comment