Sunday, January 1, 2012

school holidays are silently saying farewell.


Since I was young, I've always harbored plenty of desires. A lot of them, actually. You know how ambitious kids are. Heheh. Most of them I've forgotten, though.
I don't plan to travel the world. But there is one place that I do want to go in this wide world map, if I've got the chance, which is.....


Ta-dahh! The Middle East!
Considering the current situations, well it's quite dangerous. =_="
Blazing weather, vast deserts, sandstorms, riots and all that. Sigh. 
But still!
I like learning about culture and history, besides my liking to Science.
And I've read a few stuff on the Middle East, plus some of the form 4 history syllabus are kinda associated with it, as you know, the religion of Islam originated there, not to mention the Kaabah (um, perform Hajj? It is the fifth pillar of Islam :">) and well....it's just too complicated  to piece it all together. Let's just say it's a definite wow-inducer. *eyes sparkling*

Okay, actually that's just a tidbit for you to munch on. Today is January the 1st, 2012. Wah, I'm technically sixteen. What did I accomplish in the last year, which was actually just yesterday? Umm. Let's see, I've gained weight (oh man), added more to the Pimple Scar Collection, read a hefty lot of books...yeah, I guess last year wasn't the best year ever. But then, I've learned lessons and there are plenty of sweet, sweet memories...2011 wasn't so bad :)


I'm not that psyched about it being 2012 and stuff. You could judge that from the progress of my packing. It's reasonably comparable to a speed of a crawling snail. Even though I'm returning to school tomorrow, there's still a lot of stuff unpacked. My room's practically catastrophic, tsk tsk tsk. I can't seem to find my things anywhere, which is really bad. Really bad. Anyhow, hope I could finish up by tomorrow.

Okay, here comes the dreaded question: What comes after the holidays?
Answer: School.
It's not that I hate it. In fact, I think it's kinda fun...in its own way. Boarding school is a memorable experience, I have to agree with that. And it has its own dose of drama and complication...mm-hmm.
But I dread my first year as an Upper Form student. I wonder why?
1) An obviously elongated, much more complicated syllabus. Yeah, don't like that. It clearly speaks "MORE HOMEWORK FOR YOU, MISSY." And I'm not the biggest fan of homework. Nor do I despise it though. It's kinda like a love-hate relationship.
2) More responsibility. The older you get, the more responsibility you have to hold. That's my hypothesis. And I'm sure that there are millions of people around this big big world that have proved it correctly. Problem is, am I ready to face that? I still feel like a little kid. And apparently, I am little. I stayed the same height since 2010. *gulp*
3) WHAT WILL HAPPEN? Life is very unexpected, is it not?

Hmm yeah I guess that's it. My first post for 2012. Hopefully this year will be better than the last, insha-Allah. (I think I've said this already during Maal Hijrah? Oh well.)

this is not tumblr, but haha. i can't help but put this on, i've always ended it single.

No comments:

Post a Comment